The forum for 1942mods.com

ralze
Topic Author

Re: Linux Dedicated Server

Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:45 am

That must have been it. Opened the ports you listed and I can see my server now! Thanks so much for all the help.

On a side, do you know the proper way to setup a map rotation? Also, how one would switch to Co-Op play? I remember back in the day my friends and I would all put ourselves on Germany and load up bots to try and take the beach from us on Normandy. I can't seem to figure it out on the server though (without shutting down and launching new).

Reegad
Site Admin

Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:37 pm

Go to the "MAPS" tab of your remote manager and you can sort the maps there, to get coop maps working, right click and select "show COOP maps" and the maps that are marked with COOP as game mode will have bots.

To get all bots on one side, go to the GAME tab and set allied/axis ratio

Glad you got it working! :D

TheoNeo

Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:03 pm

Hey Ralze,

I am running my own BF1942 linux server online (THE DRUNKEN MUG),
I remember when setting it up I had some difficulties myself , but by digging around on the web I found most my answers.

I saw this post too late (when you apparently already fixed the problem) however; If you ever come across any other problems please post in this forum and I will do my best to help you.
lets keep BF1942 alive forever ! :D

Greets,
TheoNeo
- TheoNeo
Visit my server at BF.VANSAANEN.COM

ralze
Topic Author

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:18 pm

We had a gaming event last night, and everything "appeared" to be working great. I apologize again for all my ignorance, so thanks for helping me with everything. So is there a way to make adjustments on the fly without having to alt-tab to the remote manager?

Also, and this might not be the place for this, but is the process similar to getting a Battlefield: Vietnam server going?

Reegad
Site Admin

Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:18 pm

Yes Battlefield Vietnam is exactly the same.

And the only thing you can change ingame is if you add an admin user, then tie your ingame keyhash to this user.
You can use ingame commands that you can set up yourself to:

Change map, run next map, change timelimit, kick/ban players, pause the game, restart the round and a few more.
These commands are found in PLAYERMENU.CON in your /mods/bf1942/settings/ folder

Let me know what commands you are looking for and i can give you their codes to input to your playermenu.con